Wednesday, March 17, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond!

It has been awhile since I've written on my blog. Married life is awesomely busy! :-) Mike and I celebrated our 6-month anniversary a couple weeks ago. It's fun to still be newly-enough-wed to count anniversaries by months. We've moved into a little duplex called a B-house that was built back in the days of the Manhattan project. It's old but has character. We just wish it also had a fan (or outlets) in the bathroom so we didn't need to open the window to shower - brrr! We've started working on the yard every weekend. It took us about 8 trips to the dump to clean out all the leaves and brush that had accumulated over the winter. But it was worth it because now we have tulips and violets and daffodils all springing to life! SO lovely.

As I read back through some of my previous posts, I realized that I spent a lot of time dwelling on my past and my regrets. Which at the time, I believe was necessary for me to acknowledge in order to move beyond it. However, I'm trying to be intentional about my future. I can't change my past and I wouldn't want to. It made me who I am today - exceedingly aware of God's grace in my life and that I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it!! With that in mind, Mike and I are striving to simply take things a day at a time, love each other, and love those that God puts in our paths.

No comments: