Monday, June 14, 2010

Contemplative Morning

One of the things that I love the most about my husband is how well he can read me and my crazy flux of moods. This morning I was feeling sad and worried about family situations and, of course, the never-ending-struggle-with-money. I was sitting on the couch with my Bible, internalizing all my fears and worries (as I read Matt 6:25-34). Knowing that I shouldn't worry doesn't always mean that I can set my worries aside just as easily. I was quiet, deep in my thoughts.

Mike somehow knows when I'm worried or stressed - I guess I get quiet and frowny. :-) Anyway, he held me and heard my worries and fears and made me express myself instead of trying to keep it all inside.

One of the amazing things about marriage is that I don't have to do everything myself. I was independent for a lot of years and I loved it! I still feel a measure of that independence but now I have something even better, I have a helpmate in my husband. He supports me and encourages me and enables me to get through each day. The way he loves me continues to surprise and overwhelm me. The last 9 months have been incredible and I hope and pray that as the months turn into years and then into decades that our love and our marriage will continue to grow stronger!!

A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

No comments: