Monday, December 14, 2009

Fabulous news

Michael and I are so excited for our first Christmas together. The weather is chilly and there's snow on the ground. We just moved into our first house together (a duplex that's older than both of us combined! but in great shape....). We're excited by what God is doing in our lives. Married life is so good. Hard work, but worth the effort!

We've been struggling with money issues lately from medical bills to figuring out finances so Mike can finish his paramedic training/licensing. Along those lines, my boss came into my office today and told me that I'll be promoted at the beginning of the year! Which will mean at least a slight increase in paycheck. Whew! Praise God. His timing is intense. I was stressing out about trying to make ends meet and now, it looks like we're going to make it. Thanks be to God for his stressful, intentional way of teaching me to trust Him more! lol

4 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ug, totally understand the stress of finances...but I'm glad you're getting a raise.

Love you tons!

Denise

Heather said...

So happy for you Emily! Enjoy this first Christmas together, it is truly something that you will never forget.

As for the whole money thing, isn't it funny how we always thought we could grow up and just live on love. Well, we tried it when we were first married and love just dont pay the bills, but it does keep your feet warm when your heat gets turned off :)

Love you and have a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

WTG on the promo!

Andy Lauer said...

Great news Emily. Sounds like you've hit the marriage thing right on the head. I will say that after nearly 14 years that it gets better every year--like a bottle of fine non-alcholic sparkling grape juice. Btw, I've met another (believe it or not) female physics chick (is that what you all prefer to be called?) out here in Toledo. I thought there was only one, but I know now there're at least two.