Monday, September 14, 2009

Wedded Bliss

I'm a happily married woman. :-) Michael and I had a fun wedding. We had a time of worship at the beginning. Mike played the drums in his tux (minus the jacket) and I played keyboard in my dress! It was different. We kept things a mix of traditional and new. We had a first communion and poured sand into a vase in a Unity sand ceremony. During communion, as the music changed to a Gaelic version of Be Thou My Vision , the crowd started chuckling because Mike had put "Go Packs" on the bottom of his shoes... *sigh* But that's ok because later at the reception he had to fetch and toss my garter which my Mom specially made me. It was made of Colts material. Haha... so we had a good time with the ceremony. After the vows and rings, the pastor pronounced us husband and wife and gave Mike permission to kiss me. After giving a grin to the crowd, Mike kissed me as "Wild Thing" started playing! It was a fun day.

The reception was slightly ruined by psycho winds and a cake that wasn't what we had ordered. But we made the best of it and ended up with some fun pictures of my dress being blown out straight behind me in the wind and craziness with my veil and hair. The cake was still delicious and I ended the day even happier than I began it. We are so richly blessed with friends and family. And even more by our God who put us together in the first place!

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I'm so glad your day turned out so great and that you guys had fun! I love that you had a Colts garter!!!

Love you!

newbeginnings said...

You are way too cute!:) I love the visuals that you have given of the wedding ceremony. So wish we could have been there to witness God's blessings, but enjoyed reading about it. Sounds like Football season should be a bliss:)