Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I love my Packers man!

I had my first wedding shower last night. Mike has been dreading the very idea of a wedding shower so this one was a surprise (so that he couldn't back out of it!). It was actually very nice. Our worship team surprised us with a party and bbq - no scary wedding shower games - it was perfect. We both got to wear BK crowns that said "I love my Colts[Packers] woman[man]". It was pretty funny. We have a good group of people here. Over 70 people showed up! quite surprising... God is good and has blessed us more than we imagined possible. Everything seems to be going wrong right now (the people doing my flowers for the wedding are going out of business so no wedding flowers I found out yesterday) but even with all the chaos, Mike and I are able to just sit back and say God is in control and everything will be alright. God is amazing even (especially!) in chaos... Thanks be to God!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I so wish I could come to a shower or the wedding or both :( If only I had all the money in the world...

Emily said...

That's ok, Denise! I completely understand. I wish I could bring Mike out to Indiana to meet all my wonderful friends and family there. Someday... :-)