Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thankful Heart...

There are so many things to be thankful for in my life. It is very easy for me to get overwhelmed with stress, chaos, life, and work.

Some days I forget how blessed I really am.

  • I had mono last week for the second time in two years and once again, it leveled me completely. Today I was back to work and feeling pretty good. My health is not something that I should ever take for granted! I'm thankful for my health today.
  • I spent too much of this year lamenting mistakes from my past instead of surrendering them to God. I have been set free from the guilt of my past. I'm thankful for God's grace.
  • After moving to WA last summer, I was miserably lonely. I hate moving and leaving all my friends and family. Starting over is hard!! I still miss the friends and family that I left but God has brought new friends into my life that I wouldn't otherwise know. I'm thankful for friends and companionship.
  • The entire state of Washington isn't green and rainy as some in the Mid West would believe. There is a desert side - the same as Oregon - and I live on the desert side! So most of the year everything is brown (unless irrigated). I've learned to accept that but I really love the days when it rains! I'm thankful today for the rain in the desert.
  • I have a job that I love. I have a good boss, fun co-workers, and am continuously challenged. I'm thankful for my job.
Well, I could go on and on about things that I am thankful for... There are good things in the midst of the chaos and pain. Most of all, I'm thankful for a God who doesn't leave me to deal with things alone! I'd crumble under the weight of it all. Thank you, God, for loving me - a sinner.

1 comment:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Moving is hard :-/ Making new friends is hard :-/ I totally know a lot of the feelings you are or have been feeling...

Glad you're finally feeling a little better...now I'm off to bed...