Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Folklife weekend in Seattle

I'm back in the desert of Washington pondering my wonderful weekend away. I took Mike to Colorado for a wedding of a childhood friend of the family. So he finally got to meet my parents... :-) Anyway, Colorado was beautiful as always. Isolated thunderstorms with crazy lightning reminded me of the mid-west (only with jagged mountains).

Coming back from Colorado we flew into Seattle and took some time to walk around the city. Unknown to us, it was "Folklife Weekend" in Seattle and there was a big celebration going on at the base of the Space Needle. I saw some very interesting people and smelled a lot of very fresh grass.

I almost got into a fight! Mike and I were walking through the crowds and up in front of us was a guy in a Brady/Patriots jersey. He saw my Manning/Colts gear and gave me the dirtiest look! He glared at me not in a friendly competitive way but in a way that suggested he'd like to exchange a few punches. Mike pulled me a little closer and got me out of there before I could oblige. Some people take football way to seriously... :-)

11 comments:

Keith said...

Emily, We miss you so much here! Come visit us once:) And bring that guy.

Emily said...

Keith!! I miss you all too!! And, which guy? I didn't exactly exchange information with the Patriots guy. We just locked eyes for about 10 seconds while passing... ;-)

Keith said...

The guy that has taken my spot at the top of "Emily's favorite guy" list...:)

Emily said...

Ohhhhhh, THAT guy.... ;-) Ok. I'll bring him out soon. Promise to be nice? He is a Packers fan...

Keith said...

I make no promises. I think I like your hair like that. Picture is a little small to tell:)

Emily said...

Haha - Mike said the same thing about being nice to you as a Bears fan... :-) Thanks for the maybe hair compliment. (bigger picture on Facebook) I'm actually scanning the web for ticket deals to Indianapolis. haha... look what you got me into... I really do want to plan a trip out there. Maybe for middle of July. You busy then?

Keith said...

As long as the "middle of July" is not the 10th - 21st I am not busy:) Spirit Song trip and then VBS:)

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ummm so how does Mike feel about Chargers fans? :)

By the way I hope you included yourself in the people who take football too seriously!

I'm with Keith I love your hair!

Emily said...

I think Mike's indifferent about the Chargers. However, his 2nd favorite team is the Patriots which burns my gut a little... :-) Good thing its not his absolute favorite team or things would not be as good as they are today.

I take football too seriously?! Haha... Well - so does Keith!

Thanks about the hair - I like it this length! Feels good when it gets up in the 90s here and its only May!!

Heather said...

You know I love your hair and I couldn't care less about football! I dont care what team he likes, he obviously has great taste if he pick you.
Just come on already!! Oh and not the week of July 13th like Keith said, VBS week. Miss ya tons!!

Unknown said...

There's nothing wrong with Mike being a Packers fan.....Must be a pretty smart guy!