Monday, March 9, 2009

New Car / New Boy


This has been an amazing week. I'm blown away by God's grace and goodness. I'm a fairly opinionated person when it comes to cars and what I like or don't like. Fortunately, God also sent me a guy who actually likes to shop. Mike and I attend the same church and we met about 2 weeks ago. People saw us and started praying for us to get together!! Isn't that insane?

Mike is a crazy Christian guy who just beams with his love for the Lord. He's also crazy about football! In fact, that's how he asked me out the first time - he asked if I wanted to watch the Draft with him coming up on April 21st. Granted, since that date is still in the future, we had to make a few other dates to fill in the time until then. The only down side is that he is a Packer's fan. I don't know why though - apparently God has a sense of humor!

Mike is also a very patient guy. My sister was even impressed because poor Mike is teaching me to drive my new car (6 spd manual - that I can't drive yet). FYI - I occasionally run on a short fuse especially when learning new things that push me out of my comfort zone. Anyway, I only stomped out of the car and slammed the door twice the first day in "driver's ed with mike". Pretty good, I thought. Mike is very patient. I guess he'd have to be to be a Packer's fan... haha! I'm afraid I'm way past smitten at this point... :-D

2 comments:

Andy Lauer said...

Ain't life grand? Congrats.

And just when, pray tell, will we see a photo of him and not just the car?

Emily said...

Haha! Ok, Andy - I did post a picture of Mike on my Facebook account (with the car, of course).