Friday, January 9, 2009

Intense and Awesome Week

I have had the most intense week of work. It's been awesome. I'm working on 6-7 different projects that involve varying levels of skill. I get to do computer modeling, experiments in the lab, data collection in the field, and analysis! It's very exciting.

I love to be busy and this week has been perfect. I was a little worried heading into the week as my Colts lost on Saturday and then I had a flat tire on the way to church Sunday morning. After two very kind gentlemen helped me put on the spare, we noticed it was also damaged and could explode at any moment. They were kind enough to follow me to a tire store where I then bought new tires. *sigh* So I was not happy going into work on Monday!

It's a rare experience (for me) to have a horrible weekend followed by a fantastic work week! I'm loving my job here in Washington. Granted - I'm still adjusting to the area and seriously missing my people in Indiana - but I love my job. The weather is also quite interesting - we have intense wind storms! My apartment is at the top corner of a building and I can sit at watch my windows flexing! A little scary... And the killer tumbleweed are another story...

There are still uncertainties about my future with this job and more scary interviews/interrogations to follow, but for now, I am content and grateful for my time and experience here. :-)

3 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Hi! I'm glad you love your job!

Heather said...

It is so nice to hear about the great things happening in your life. I have a feeling this might just be begining of many great things. We miss you here, but know you are in just the right place and at just the right time.

The whole window flexing thing does concern me a bit, if it was me I would probably just get some really cute curtains and then you wouldn't notice the gale force winds!

Enjoy your weekend and not too much football!
Love ya!!!!!!!

Keith said...

We miss you in Indiana! God has a reason for you to be there.