Monday, January 26, 2009

'Final' final interview

I have my final, final interview for my clearance this week. I have to meet with an interviewer/interrogator from Department of Energy - Chicago on Wednesday, Jan 28th, from 4-5:30pm PST.

I'm not looking forward to re-airing my dirty laundry again to complete strangers. It seems like every time I reach a point of moving on and not dwelling on it, something comes up and I have to face it all over again. I have no doubt that this interview will be hard and probably painful.

I've come to really love my job here and I would hate to leave it. But I believe God brought me out here for a reason - even if that reason is to leave after only 6 months...

I played a hymn for my Pappy's funeral last week, "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow". It went like this:

I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.

I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,

For I know what Jesus said,

And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Refrain
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,

And I know Who holds my hand.

Ev'ry step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter;
Ev'ry cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eyes,
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky.

Refrain
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.

I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,
Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered with His blood.

Refrain
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.

1 comment:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ug I'm sorry to hear you have to have so many of these but I'm super glad to hear it is the last. You'll be in my prayers!