Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Engagement Details...

For those of you who asked, here are the details...

On Friday evening, May 29th, 2009, Mike took me out to dinner at Anthony's (a very nice fresh seafood restaurant by the Columbia river). There was about a 30 minute wait for a table so we strolled through the park along the river. We had been to that park several times before to walk on the path and to throw the football around. Anyway, Mike took me over to a bench overlooking the river. After we had jumped down the bank to check the temperature of the water, we crawled back up to the top. From there, Mike stayed on one knee, pulled out a ring, and said, "Emily Kathleen, will you marry me?" .... and, I said, "Yes!" It was perfect.

Later when we were at dinner, I told him I was slightly surprised that he didn't plan something embarrassing. (He's kind of crazy that way!) His mouth fell partly open and he said that I had told him he couldn't! I laughed and said that I didn't want something cheesy like on a sign at a football game or anything like that. He wanted the ring back so he could do something more embarrassing... I said no that time. :-)

We're planning on a September 5th wedding (only 3 months - I know that's quick!). It's going to be a simple deal at our church where we met. We'll be sending out invitations soon. I'd love to see all my family and friends at my wedding but realizing that I don't live close to many of you anymore - I'd settle for bringing my fiance' out to visit you instead! :-) Love you all!!

3 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Haha such a great story! I love the part about him wanting it back to try a more embarrassing approach! I'm so happy for you both!

Heather said...

I literally just screeched out loud!! I am sooo happy for you guys.

newbeginnings said...

Emily, I love the story. How sweet. I am so happy for you!