Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nose dive

Well - this wasn't the best morning I've ever had...

I started it by calling the Dell Support line to get my computer fixed. The hard drive will not mount properly and I end up at the blue screen of death every time I try to turn my computer on. So I took it to Best Buy before Christmas - they said, 'yup, hard drive is dead, we'll send it to Dell for you.' Some time after Christmas - still no computer, they said, 'Dell won't fix it since it came from us, we're sending it back to you still broken.' So, 8 weeks later, I call Dell and after 45 minutes of "trying" things, they agree its broken and will be sending me a new hard drive overnight. Whew - what a pain! But at least a new one is on the way today...

Then I step out of my apartment in my dress slacks and boots. As I start down the first flight of concrete stairs, the heel of one boot gets hooked in the opposite leg's slacks and I did a nose dive down the rest of the stairs until my head was stopped by the railing at the end. I actually saw stars. Now I have a nice goose egg on my forehead in the shape of a narrow vertical slice of railing and multiple other bruises and swelling on my knees and shins. Swell... but no concussion!

2 comments:

Keith said...

Oh, Emily.....

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your rough day! Especially the crappy computer problems. The first computer I bought out of college was a dell and I had TONS of problems with it. I swear if I ever have enough money to buy my own computer again (I have a school laptop I can take home with this job!) that I'm going to buy a MAC!!!!!

P.S. someone gave me a cold...and I'm not sure if it was him or one of my high schoolers :(